This is the concept we propose for the signed first edition order process. Everything you see here would be on Kevin’s website.
1) instructions are in italics and suggested copy is in roman type
2) the section below the first rule shows a sketch of what I suggest for the home page on Kevin’s website
3) the section below the second rule shows my suggestion for the signed edition order page (which is linked to from the home page “CLICK HERE” graphic)
4) the design of the graphics is up to Kevin’s team. Michael and I agree that it’d be better to make the “CLICK HERE” graphic stand out more than it does in my sketch … perhaps a darker and/or outlined box.
5) order path. The buyer:
goes to Kevin’s home page and either clicks to buy the book at one of the online booksellers, or:
clicks the “CLICK HERE” graphic and is taken to a new signed first edition order page. We’d like to add a text link in the stack of books vendors on the home page (Amazon. etc.) that says “Signed First Editions” that also links to the new order page.
reads the copy and chooses to order
clicks the Buy Now button and completes the order on Michael’s PayPal page
Michael receives notification of the order via email and takes it from there
To be clear, there is no other order form and the buyer never goes to mrevak.com.
You can test the buyer’s experience by clicking on the Buy Now button and “ordering” the book; I have the price set at $.25 for test purposes.
On the home page (https://kevinpowell.net), add a clickable graphic that sells the idea of the signed first editions and encourages visitors to click through to the signed edition order page. Please consider adding a text link saying “Signed First Editions” in the stack of book vendors on the home page. This is just a sketch to convey the idea of the CLICK HERE graphic:
Clicking the “CLICK HERE” graphic will take the buyer to the new signed edition order page which includes the following:
Order your signed first edition!
To obtain signed, hard bound first editions, first printings, of The Education of Kevin Powell, just click the Buy Now button below and order up to five copies (see note below for bulk orders).
$26 each, including free shipping
- Format: Hard bound, 160 pages
- Publisher: Kingswell (April 21, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484726200
- ISBN-13: 978-1484726204
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.8 x 7.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.8 ounces
- Delivery: Please allow 7-21 days for packaging and media mail shipping
Order-processing and fulfillment are provided by
M. Revak & Co. Booksellers as authorized by Kevin Powell.
Click the Buy Now button below to order your signed first edition(s).
You may use your credit card if you wish:
For bulk orders of signed and unsigned copies, M. Revak & Co. Booksellers is engaged in the book trade, provides logistical support, material fulfillment and sales assistance in connection with author events nationwide and reports its sales to the New York Times Best Seller List.
contact Michael Green at M. Revak and Co. Booksellers:
M. Revak & Co. Booksellers is engaged in the book trade, provides logistical support, material fulfillment and sales assistance in connection with author events nationwide and reports its sales to the New York Times Best Seller List.